We have started our mythology unit. Students are researching topics to include on their mythology project. Each student chose a god, goddess, creature or mythical character to research. I have provided a packet with the information that they need. They can do additional research at home. They have an option to create a power point, cube, poster or trading cards. They also have the option of working with one other person. I included a rubric in their Mythology packet so they will know exactly what I am looking for.
Websites that may help them with their project:
http://www.carlos.emory.edu/ODYSSEY/GREECE/home.htmlGreek Mythology Project
Choose a god or goddess from Greek/Roman mythology to research.
Include on your poster, cube, PowerPoint, or trading cards.
1. The name and an illustration of the god or goddess.
2. An illustration of a myth in which the god/goddess appears. Be prepared to summarize or re-tell the myth to the class.
3. Include a family tree (brothers, sisters, parents, etc.).
4. Include any evidence of the god/goddess in the modern world. Think advertising…..Nike tennis shoes, Venus razors.
5. Include a map showing the location of the origin of your myth.
6. Must use Research Information for Prompt Worksheet. There is a lot of information to fill out.
Grades will be based on accuracy of information, quality of information included and CREATIVITY!
Research Information for Prompt and Project
Symbols associated with deity:
Other Interesting Facts:
Evidence of the Deity in the Modern World: