Thursday, September 27, 2012

Reader's Notebook

I decided to make changes to the Reader's Notebook.  Students will keep the front part as their novel and journal responses.  The back part will be their CS or Language Arts notebook.  Students will staple tests, Weekly Essentials, classwork, and homework in this part.  I will have them keep the notebooks in the classroom every day but Thursday night.  They must bring it in on Friday so that I can check their homework.  We worked on this for the entire class today.  I am hoping this will be helpful with organization and for showing parents their work and grades. Also, I hope to attach a sheet on the back cover where students will record their grades.  Please take a look at their notebooks tonight.  We are in the beginning stages of setting these up but they should have Weekly Essentials and vocabulary tests so far. 
Thanks!
Mrs. King

No comments: